BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Assistant Treasury Leader Job Summary
Salary Range: $96,600.00-$111,090.00-$125,580.00
The Assistant Treasury Leader provides leadership to the Treasurer/Controller in defining and executing the treasury funct ion’s strategic objectives for the company. Provides subject matter expertise as an enterprise-wide senior treasury operations/cash management professional. Oversees the administration and execution of all lending agreements between corporate partners. Maintains strong bank and investment account relationships.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Provides leadership to the Treasurer/Controller in defining and executing the treasury function’s strategic objectives for the company. Provides leadership, oversight and support for the various broad treasury activities.
2. Directs banking relationships and credit facilities to ensure adequate liquidity is available at the most attractive terms.
3. Leads a team of treasury professionals, providing goal clarity, guidance, feedback and developmental support to grow Treasury talent and capability.
4. Owns and maintains strong r elationships with service providers, including banks, brokers, money managers and rating agencies.
5. Oversees the Company’s liquidity position, including planning and execution of borrowing strategies. Identifies liquidity opportunities and develops strategies to enhance liquidity while reducing the overall cost.
6. Evaluates new opportunities to improve financing flexibility and diversification of funding sources.
7. Negotiates and structures financing transactions with outside sources and establishes policies and procedures in order to support company’s capital structure objectives.
8. Assists the Treasurer/Controller with the following:
a. Evaluation and negotiation of debt financings to fund the Company’s growth and provide for adequate ongoing liquidity.
b. Performing financial analysis and modeling in conjunction with FP&A Leader.
9. Evaluates and implements solutions to finance capital expenditures.
10. Works with Tax and Accounting to evaluate, implement and maintain capital structures for the Company’s subsidiaries that meet business, tax and regulatory objectives and requirements.
11. Advises business units on financing matters, including but not limited to leases, Claims payment solutions, Customer Care Center on premium payment solutions.
12. Supports strategic finance initiatives as needed including rating agency presentations, M&A, and financings.
13. Assists the Treasurer/Controller in projects and analysis, including senior management and Board recommendations and presentations.
14. Supports M&A transactions from due diligence through integration.
15. Develops and/or revises policies and procedures related to functional responsibilities.
16. Manages or participates in ad-hoc special projects related to all areas of treasury.
17. Performs human capital management responsibilities including employee selection, perform ance management, coaching, and development. Manages priorities and workload distribution, and removes barriers that impede progress. Completes all personnel, salary administration, and reporting duties. Performs operational responsibilities that drive team performance including planning, execution, process improvement and best-practice sharing.
18. Provides assistance and support in connection with regulatory and governmental examinations.
19. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 5 or more years’ experience with in treasury operations, cash management, investments, and/or banking.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
3. 2 or more years of direct and/or indirect people leadership experience.
4. Advanced knowledge o f Microsoft Office software, especially Microsoft Excel.
5. Experience in analysis, forecasting, systems review, and problem-solving with particular attention to detail.
6. Strong organizational and time management skills.
7. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to comprehend and compose insurance, investment, and accounting communications.
8. Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation.
9. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicat e effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.