BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Senior Risk Control Representative Job Summary
* Position will be based out of Charlotte, North Carolina
* Annual Salary: $85,407 - $98,218 - $111,029
The Senior Risk Control Representative provides a full range of risk consulting services for all commercial lines. Conducts extensive research: collects, evaluates, and analyzes data in order to make recommendations for controlling customer’s potential sources of risk, loss, and/or costs. Designs, analyzes, and directs services for problem, complex, or multi-location customers. Partners with underwriters by providing risk assessments that support and deliver sound business decisions. Consults with the customer to support identification and control of risk exposures.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Provides a full range of risk consulting services for all commercial lines customers.
2. Conducts extensive research: collects, evaluates, and analyzes data in order to make recommendations for controlling customer’s potential sources of risk, loss, and/or costs.
3. Plans, organizes and conducts risk evaluation(s) and risk consulting service(s), under limited supervision, for all commercial coverages and classes of risk. Utilizes skill and experience in risk control discipline(s) to evaluate and service more complex risks. Exercises judgment in analyzing risk selection factors and identification of major loss problems or potential concerns for underwriting.
4. Collaborates with underwriting and provides a complete risk assessment to support and deliver a sound business decision in risk selection, pricing and underwriting. Prepares and submits comprehensive reports, estimates of value, recommendations, and opinion of risk by line of business and the overall customer assessment to the appropriate business partner using the Loss Control Database.
5. Consults with the customer to support identification and control of risk exposures. Analyzes lo sses and develops improvement plans to support risk mitigation on key potential loss sources.
6. Controls loss exposure and costs, utilizing knowledge and experience of risk control, to create effective changes though submissions and implementation of recommendations or action steps on key risk issues. Communicates recommendations and action plans directly to the customer and supports compliance.
7. Develops and maintains solid business relationships with internal and external customers that support writing and retaining a profitable book of business.
8. Leads regular business meetings with agents to sell the value of Westfield Risk Control, promote growth, improve profitability, and support regional objectives.
9. Participates in product development, as well as department and corporate projects. Serves as a resource and subject matter expert to improve knowledge and provide expertise on risk control issues including assisting in t he development of technical information.
10. Gives presentations to internal business partners and customers on risk control issues. Coordinates training for department, company, agents, and customers.
11. Maintains and advances knowledge in the field of risk services and related topics through professional development including training, attending and participating in seminars, working towards a professional designation, and/or similar activities that support risk control service capabilities and company results.
12. Maintains knowledge of relevant codes/standards, technology, and legislative issues as well as appropriate changes. Informs leader of activities and problems within the assigned area of responsibility; refers matters beyond area of authority to manager or appropriate channel for direction.
13. Travels as often as needed including regular utilization of assigned fleet vehicle in order to cover assigned territory. This may involve traveling on short notice or other daily driving duties as assigned regardless of location.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 5 or more years of loss control and/or industry-related experience.
2. 3 or more years of experience writing reports/letters and giving presentations.
3. 1 or more years of consultative experience and persuasion skills.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
6. Strong organizational skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
7. A bachelor’s degree in insurance/ finance, mathematics, engineering, or safety related field or related designation (e.g., CSP) or commensurate work experience.
8. Valid driver’ ;s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
* Ability to drive for extended periods of time, under a variety of conditions, including night driving.
* Ability to lift a minimum of up to 35 lbs.
* Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Salary Range: US$85407.0 - US$111029.0 per year
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.