Work as part of an industry leading team on all things related to Catastrophe Insurance. All of our work is analytical in nature and we get to invent and manage new challenges daily. Your associates are all of the highest caliber analysts/catastrophe modelers/programmers with great ability to solve complex problems. If you learn quickly and are planning to be a superstar employee you will fit right in.
The Catastrophe Analyst Team collaborates to manage risk for the organization. This includes: designing, building, and developing tools, reports and applications that enhance our Underwriting expertise and deliver more profitability (primarily focused on reinsurance, earthquake, flood and hurricane risk). Through creative analytics, we quantify the companys exposure to catastrophe risk and create the tools underwriters use to process business and to predict the future.
Some of the fun projects you will get to work on are below:
- Build, track and manage back-end databases: catastrophe risk portfolio aggregations, data quality, and modeled loss estimates (RMS, AIR, EQE).
- Provide monthly and ad-hoc reports to management regarding the catastrophe risk portfolio, underwriting and reinsurance.
- Conduct reserve analyses semi-annually.
- Build tools and reports to support underwriting, catastrophe modeling & reinsurance accounting using various programs (Excel with VBA, SQL).
- Keep apprised of upgrades in catastrophe modeling software and of advances in the science and industry of catastrophe modeling.
- Research catastrophe-related risks and mathematically quantify those risks and/or make suggestions for underwriting guidelines that will appropriately mitigate the companys exposure to those risks.
- Collaborates with analyst team and reports directly to the Senior Executive responsible for all Property and Catastrophe business.
*Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*An ideal candidate will have a degree and/or work experience in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Mathematics, Statistics, Business, etc.) a preferred candidate will also have familiarity with Computer Science, Programming or Information Systems.
*Familiarity with RMS, EQE and AIR catastrophe models is preferred but if you learn fast not essential.
*Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel (with VBA) and SQL *Experience with JAVA, SAS, and web services technologies preferred