- Career Level
- Not Specified
Manages staff on meeting the objectives for Corporate Billing and Accounts Administration related to Broadspire and US Services. This includes ensuring proper client setup, billed and unbilled accounts receivable balances, and maintaining internal controls.
- Maintains effective internal controls over billing, accounts receivable, and accounts administration, while also enhancing existing design, documentation, and operation of controls as needed
- Provides assistance to branch personnel with billing and receivable account related inquiries
- Responsible for coordinating and reviewing journal entries for billing and accounts receivable for US Services and Broadspire on a monthly basis.
- Frequent interaction with Account Executives and clients to determine billing needs and our capacity to provide solutions for those clients.
- Coordinates special projects, reviews and analyses for issues raised by senior management
- Leads staff assistance during annual audit and quarterly reviews by internal and external auditors
- Reviews and analyzes the accounts receivable accounts of the US Services and Broadspire branches during monthly close
- Reviews all monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Determines staffing needs for the department to include recruiting, screening, hiring, training and mentoring staff
- Frequent interaction with finance and business unit management regarding billing and revenue recognition
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct
- Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional accounting experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Completion of a four-year college or university degree with a major in accounting, finance, business administration or a closely related field.
- Theories, principles and practices of general accounting and methods of financial control and reporting.
- Internal control and audit principles and practices.
- Corporate functions and associated accounting, financial management and reporting issues.
- Generally accepted accounting principles.
- Principles and practices of business data processing particularly related to the processing of accounting and financial information.
- Principles and practices of sound business communication.
- Principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
- Corporate personnel policies and procedures.
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply corporate policies.
- Develop and implement financial procedures and controls.
- Perform complicated mathematical calculations and analyses.
- Prepare clear, concise and comprehensive reports and written materials.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential issues.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of corporate management, external auditors and others encountered in the course of work.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.