Senior Statistical & Claim Data Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Under the general direction of the Carrier Data Reporting Manager, the Senior Statistical & Claim Data Analyst provides high-level business consulting and support to customer groups with respect to applications computing technologies. Responsible for representing the Statistical- Actuarial needs of our customers.
- Acts as subject matter experts to carriers, vendors, and other external customers for interpretation of carrier data reporting requirements and in the development of new carrier files or requested enhancements of existing files.
- Serves as Primary contact to multiple carrier partners for claim data reporting processes.
- Ensures work product of multiple carrier data files are in compliance with Insurance industry standards and various current state insurance bureau reporting requirements necessary for internal underwriting and bureau Unit Statistical Reporting processes (ie: NCCI, WCIRB, WCIO)
- Approves the monthly Broadspire carrier data file submission and provides confirmation to carrier partner that all amounts and indicative data is accurate and acceptable for the carriers' use in client and TPA reimbursement processes
- Responsible for coordination and entry of complex corrections needed for carrier partners.
- Required to decipher and analyze processes related to the manipulation of data and money flow of internal and external systems
- Develops, analyzes and interprets the results of queries in support of carrier data files.
- Determines acceptance of requirement changes and defect fixes
- Tests and participates in debugging systems and programs against business requirements or leads in system testing and debugging against business requirements
- Recommends project acceptance, rejection or modification, and where appropriate, identifies alternatives to effectively shorten testing while maintaining quality
- Provides technical assistance by compiling, analyzing, and interpreting statistical and financial data, based on an understanding of Broadspire application systems, statistical data requirements and our carriers business objectives
- Responds to questions regarding statistical processing, internal and external reporting requirements and to requests for data from internal and external sources
- Contributes to the planning process of Broadspire functional departments by attending meetings to gain better insight with respect to analyses and data reporting
- Represents Broadspire at meetings with customers, vendors, bureaus, insurance companies, outside consultants, as requested.
- Develops and communicates business requirements, as identified by carrier customer needs, to analyze systems and reports and may participate in systems design, as needed.
- Monitors automated or manual systems that affect the statistical reporting processes in that problems are remedied and that appropriate action is taken
- Represents the statistical-actuarial departments for our carrier customers and actively seeks up to date information regarding statistical reporting requirements such that our carrier customers data meets bureau reporting expectations
- Lead resolution of the most complex technical problems for this unit
- May also provide work direction for other staff members
- Performs other related duties as required or requested
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct.
- Five or more years experience in carrier statistical data reporting, or similar experience in the mathematical or commercial casualty insurance field
- Education equivalent to a college degree or 10+ years of related experience
Must have in-depth knowledge of unit statistical reporting, client application and underwriting process
Demonstrates effective customer relations skills.
Demonstrates sound analytical skills.
Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of claim system functions and the relationship of client information to accurate claim processing and reporting.
Demonstrate ability to work accurately with attention to detail and customer expectations.
Demonstrate effective communications skills
Broadspire (www.choosebroadspire.com), a leading international third party administrator, provides risk management solutions designed to help clients improve their financial results. Broadspire offers casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics. As a Crawford Company, Broadspire is based Atlanta, Ga., with 85 locations throughout the United States. Services are offered by Crawford & Company under the Broadspire brand in Europe (www.Broadspire.eu), including the United Kingdom (www.BroadspireTPA.co.uk).
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.