Litigation & Subrogation Supervisor
- Career Level
- Not Specified
We currently have an opportunity for a Litigation & Subrogation Supervisor to join our Accident and Health team in our Morristown, NJ office. This position will develop plans, analyze results and oversee the direction of litigated files within specified Claims Unit. Reviews and provides direction or recommendations on complex litigated and/or high exposure claims. Monitors litigation management, claim quality, customer feedback and claim reports to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, customer satisfaction and achievement of corporate objectives. In addition, this position will review and process highly complex subrogation claims.
Education and Experience:
- Ensures execution of claim handling strategies; including appropriate determination of coverage, liability and damages.
- Monitors reserving activity to ensure compliance with corporate policy.
- Reviews and documents recommendations for claim disposition; including evaluation, negotiation and settlement of claims in excess of staff authority levels.
- Reviews and analyzes claim reports to identify and address trends. Recommends strategies to correct adverse trends.
- Monitors vendors, independent adjusters and appraisers to ensure service quality. Anticipates and meets all customer needs (internal and external).
- Manages pending suits, analyzes litigation strategies, and monitors litigation management plans and legal expenses.
- Independently manages an inventory of subrogation files within the broadest limits of assigned authority.
- Manages assigned staff, including development, goal setting, skill assessment, staff selection, role alignment, and performance appraisals of staff. Provides frequent communication and measurement of goals. Oversees training and personal development programs within the group.
- Strong claims technical knowledge, and legal exposure in local market, excellent negotiation, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with agents and business partners and interact with internal and external partners and customers.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including current Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy, and provide follow-through on projects, requires confidentiality in working independently and as a member of a team.
Education and Experience:
- Law Degree preferred with 3-5 years of active practice.
- 5-7 years of claims and/or subrogation experience, with 1-3 years of supervisory experience along with a strong insurance or technical background.