- Career Level
- Not Specified
We currently have an opportunity for a Management Liability Claims Examiner to join our Professional Liability practice to handle Management Liability claims. This position is responsible for handling and resolving complex and/or specialized assigned claims through investigation, evaluation and disposition. This position will work with private and non-profit business, Directors and Officers (D&O) and Employment Practices Liability (EPL) claims and can sit in our Plymouth, MN, Chicago, IL or New York City office.
Education and Experience:
- Makes timely and appropriate contacts, determines and completes appropriate level of investigation to make determination of coverage, assess liability and determine damages for complex and specialized claims.
- Determines coverage, prepares coverage correspondence on appropriate claims, responds to coverage questions raised by insureds and others.
- Determines exposure, establishes adequate reserves and makes timely adjustments as required.
- Selects, assigns and directs activities of internal and external resources as required; including independent adjusters, appraisers and attorneys. Identifies questionable claims and consults with SIU for further direction as appropriate.
- Determines settlement value of the loss and negotiates proper settlement of claims within authority. Provides recommendations for settlement and disposition of claims exceeding authority level.
- Documents clearly and concisely all relevant activity on assigned files and makes recommendations for additional activity as appropriate.
- Anticipates and meets all customer needs (internal and external).
- May provide mentoring or training to other less experienced claim representatives.
- Stays abreast of state license requirements and participates in continuing education as required.
- Maintains a strong professional knowledge of regulatory and legal environments and applies this information effectively.
- Expert claims technical knowledge, and legal climate background is essential for associated business unit.
- Must have superior analytical, negotiation, decision making, problem solving, organizational and presentation skills. Must be a proven self-starter with strong multi-tasking and relationship management skills.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively including expert oral, written and listening skills. Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team and have the ability to interact with diverse groups of individuals.
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy, and provide follow-through on projects.
- Requires the ability to maintain confidential information. Must be able to work in a fast pace and rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office suite and other Claims tracking tools..
- Must maintain strong professional knowledge of industry trends, legislative issues and the marketplace for associated line of business.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
- JD may be required depending upon the needs or requirements of a particular business unit.
- 5-7 years of highly complex, specialty claims experience.