IT Web Programmer
Ascendant Underwriters (Ascendant) is a Florida based licensed MGA specializing in the placement of commercial lines insurance products and program management services with an emphasis on the Hispanic Market. Ascendant’s core operating philosophy focuses on facilitating insurance agents’ business transactions with an emphasis on providing excellence and professionalism in servicing the needs of agents. Ascendant executes its business strategy through state of the art software and technology that maximizes operating efficiency. Ascendant is dedicated to establishing and nurturing long-term relationships with our agent business partners, which differentiates us from other MGA’s. Ascendant focuses on providing training, monitoring performance/ loss ratios and providing incentives for the production growth.
Ascendant is looking for the next generation of industry professionals! If you’re looking for a company that offers stability, great benefits and compensation, with a strong emphasis on our values of integrity, employee relations, and customer service, then apply today to find out how you can become a dynamic part of the Ascendant’s Management Information System’s Team!
Primary responsibilities include custom web development throughout the entire project life cycle, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, and .NET development. Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices , create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices, development of robust and user-friendly .NET-based web applications, Integrate data from various back-end services and databases with SQL Server T-SQL development, create and maintain software documentation , and Maintaining, expanding, and scaling existing sites and applications.
Our Web Programmer will possess the following:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Development of robust and user-friendly .NET-based web applications
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases with SQL Server T-SQL development
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Maintaining, expanding, and scaling existing sites and applications
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Extremely detail oriented, self-motivated and disciplined
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field