Claims Adjuster - Auto
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Utilized web based sources and coordinate with local agencies.
- Obtain recorded statements, photos, videos & other means to determine fraud.
- Reviews all files thoroughly for proper claims handling through regular use on diary.
- Investigates and determines liability.
- Evaluate bodily injury, BI, MP, and UM claims.
- Confirms and determines coverage and investigates all coverage issues.
- Negotiates settlements within authority.
- Handles newly assigned and existing files to their conclusion.
- Perform collections and subrogation duties.
- Responsible for all aspects of handling claims on injury and non-injury files.
- Directs independent appraisers, investigators and defense counsel on cases assigned.
- Reports fraudulent claims to the Department of Insurance
- Develop and maintain relationships with law enforcement agencies and district attorneys
- Coordinate activities surrounding prosecution and recovery of monies paid
- Conducts files work as requested by management.
- Duties may also include any reasonable company related assignments as directed by management
No relocation included. Applicants need to be in proximity to office location.
Education and/or Experience:
2+ years prior claims experience, prior SIU experience preferred. Must be highly motivated, results based individual comfortable in high pressure environments. Candidate must possess extraordinary communication skills and the ability to clearly express ideas to both senior level management and law enforcement agencies alike. Knowledge of tort and state laws required for CA & TX. CA & TX licenses would be a benefit.
Bi-lingual Spanish is preferred.
Apply for Claims Adjuster - Auto
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly