User Acceptance Testing Analyst
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
PRINCIPLE OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
As a part of the Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group (BMAG) Information Technology Core Systems team (CST), you will play a key role in the support, maintenance, and enhancement of mission-critical operational and transaction processing systems which drive company growth and profitability.
Our Quality Assurance Analysts ensure defect-free functionality of some of our most important software systems—core policy production, business workflow management, and billing management—through manual and automated testing of software applications and application/system support for both internal and external customers.
You will work with other QA Analysts, Business Analysts, Regional Representatives, and Developers to test and support system changes and functionality implemented through both maintenance and project-specific initiatives.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, analyze, and evaluate proposed and/or scheduled system programming and configuration requirements for new test scenarios.
- Creates and modifies, documents and executes test plans, test cases supporting a wide variety of applications and product releases
- Condition test data, and track testing metrics to ensure products meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Communicate/publish testing processes, schedules, and results with business, IT, and/or project stakeholders.
- Analyze test results metrics to identify defect trends and areas for system and/or process improvement.
- Troubleshoots testing issues and records test results.
- Collaborate with other IT analysts and business customers to provide product support and problem resolution and identify new test scenarios to mitigate defects in future releases.
- Participate with project teams to understand new functionality to aid with test planning and test case creation. Provide feedback to project teams from a testing perspective to help identify system deficiencies related to feature requirements/design.
- Participate with other sister company representatives in aligning testing best practices, execution of testing shared platform changes, and lessons learned/knowledge sharing.
- Participate in after-hours post-release production system validation and coordinate with configuration/development teams and other sister company representatives with approval or need for release rollback.
- Execute other duties as assigned by the Director of Core Systems.
- 3 years of system testing experience, preferably in a property casualty insurance environment.
- Experience with automated testing software/processes.
- A working knowledge of insurance products, procedures, and workflow processes is a plus.
- Competent to work in all business requirements design phases, including formal presentation skills
Apply for User Acceptance Testing Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly