Collections Representative Trainee
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, an A+ rated company, is rapidly expanding our footprint throughout the US. We are seeking a Collections Representative Trainee who is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. If you are focused on technology, are attentive to detail, and provide solid customer service, then our team might be right for you!
The Collections Representative Trainee is responsible for collecting on delinquent accounts for our Voluntary, VCAP, and Residual Market business. The primary focus will be on past due workers compensation insurance accounts with an additional focus on BOP, auto, and disability policies.Responsibilities
- Identifying appropriate method to handle collection accounts (phone call to agent/ insured, e-mail, or document mailing)
- Arrange installments on audit balances and current policies with payroll endorsements due to audits of prior terms
- Effectively follow up on payment commitments
- Management of accounts that are outsourced to collection agencies or attorneys
- Handle all documentation requests from insureds, agents, and collection vendors
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers
- Explain of audit results to insureds and agents
- Correspond with agents, insureds and internal personnel verbally or in writing on dispute issues and other audit related issues
- Assist in explaining what resources are needed to resolve any issues with estimated audits
- Submit all settlement offers to Department Manager for review and approval
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Proficient Computer skills are essential for this role
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!