Method Of Inspection Coordinator
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance has a great opportunity for an Method Of Inspection Coordinator in Baltimore, MD!
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for achieving cycle time goals by making sure the method of inspection (MOI) chosen at first notice of loss is the best option and changing the MOI if warranted. The individual reviews and coordinates the daily schedules for auto technicians in the field and at drive-in locations. The individual also monitors the supplement hotline, and manages the GANTT schedule and PTO calendar to balance workloads. This individual has a good knowledge of the shops, markets and customers, determining when and where claims are distributed for handling. This individual prioritizes cycle times and has a heavy influence on how the business is run for several markets. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual works independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex and occasionally complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; works independently to create personal action plans
- Serves as primary point of contact for FPLs, Auto Technicians and GHRN shops on moderately complex and occasionally complex issues related to inspection and schedule
- Handle calls from the Auto Technicians regarding moderately complex and occasionally complex questions or problems they may have with claim assignments
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Gathers and reviews information and modifies or determines method of inspection and creates MOI assignment in system
- Monitors the Good Hands Repair Network email and vehicles that may be potential total losses, and determines reparability and if repairs can be settled rapidly; sends claim to total loss rapid settlement process or turns claim into field assignment as required
- Plans, prepares and/or updates the schedules for the office (e.g., PTO and adjuster assignments) to maximize the amount of claims inspected and ensure full production and proper distribution of work. This individual has key knowledge of several markets, shops and customer and determines what claims goes where and when.
- High school education or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years experience of auto estimating
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
- Ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Problem-solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle moderately complex and occasionally complex claims
- Provides individual decision-making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.