- Career Level
- Not Specified
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of claim clerical support duties for the Claim Department
- Matches proper file and/or claim number on unidentified correspondence by use of the various automated systems for mail delivered by USPS/ACS/Unmatched mail queue in ODM.
- Types a variety of material such as letters, benefit notices, or memorandums for medical appointment, attorneys, or external clients.
- Performs control operator functions for various Service Center or Claim Office data systems.
- Retrieves and/or re-files items from central storage facility and maintains accurate records of file activity.
- Receives dock and messenger service deliveries and verifies accuracy of delivered material.
- Prepares outgoing mail for shipment which includes the necessary attachments, wrapping, and sealing. This will include shipping/receiving computer equipment.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering telephones, taking messages, dispersing faxes, making payments, sort/preparing files, and data entry.
- Assists in updating jurisdictional notices and manuals used in the office.
- Pulls files from storage for in-house state audits.
- Prepares files in electronic form for state audits (payment history, file notes, and gathering medical reports).
- Contacts agents and insured on routine claims to obtain coverage information or obtains through the various systems.
- Issues payments, requests wage information for the adjusters, orders surveillance, and completes medical calls to obtain the current work status.
- Schedules medical appointments and sends all appropriate correspondence relating to that appointment.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct
Must demonstrate basic knowledge of computer operations and of claim file systems and procedures.
2 yrs administrative experience preferred but not required.
High school diploma or GED; or the equivalent in related work experience.
Proficient in the Microsoft suite of products and like systems.
Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment
Must be flexible, adaptable, and have excellent multi-tasking skills
Must be technically proficient.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
Broadspire (www.choosebroadspire.com), a leading international third party administrator, provides risk management solutions designed to help clients improve their financial results. Broadspire offers casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics. As a Crawford Company, Broadspire is based Atlanta, Ga., with 85 locations throughout the United States. Services are offered by Crawford & Company under the Broadspire brand in Europe (www.Broadspire.eu), including the United Kingdom (www.BroadspireTPA.co.uk).
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.