AmTrust Financial Services
Melville, New York
Legal / Compliance
Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for an in-house Staff Attorney - Workers' Compensation in Melville, NY.
- Independently represent the Employer/Carrier before the assigned Judge of Compensation Claims and present witnesses and evidence at administrative hearings on litigated workers compensation claims.
- Analyze complex legal and factual issues, conduct extensive, well-reasoned legal research, independently develop and present defense strategies on behalf of the Employer/Carrier.
- Prepare pleadings, written discovery, motions and briefs in support of defense strategies.
- Provide effective and timely communications, information, legal advice and other services to clients and claims professionals on legal and factual issues.
- Position requires the use of independent judgment, research, litigation and analytical skills.
- Assist in developing training materials for the WC claim department.
- Work with the WC claim department and Law Department on special projects related to the practice of workers' compensation.
- Communicate with the Office of the Judges of Compensation Claims, witnesses, opposing counsel and clients in a manner consistent with established office procedures.
- Responsible for the prompt, efficient and effective disposition of assigned cases.
- Attend continuing legal education seminars in order to maintain high level of professional expertise.
- Position offers a great work environment, competitive pay, and benefits package.Qualifications
-New York Bar licensed attorney.
-Knowledge of New Yorks W/C statutes and its application.
-3-5 years' workers compensation litigation experience
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.