Vice President of Actuary - Auto
The Vice President Auto Actuary will serve as our senior auto actuary and manager in the Product / Actuarial Department. This is a high visibility position; not a traditional actuarial role. The successful individual will perform actuarial and statistical analysis to support the company’s goals as well as assist in the development and maintenance of analytical tools and models. This person will be responsible for auto product pricing and development, including identifying trends in premiums and losses, recommending rate and coverage changes, and maintaining and updating predictive models.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of analytical tools and models using Microsoft Excel, Access, Visual basic, SQL, and more
- Collects and refines appropriate data for actuarial analysis and ensures its reasonableness and accuracy
- Prepares periodic and ad-hoc reports for other departments and oversees programming solutions
- Performs actuarial and statistical analysis
- Administers, designs, secures, and maintains databases
- Determines business intelligence needs
- Supports other actuarial and business functions as needed
Education & Work Experience:
- 4-year degree in mathematics, actuarial science, or similar
- 3 plus years actuarial experience in auto insurance
- Management/Supervisory level experience
- ACAS or near achieving ACAS designation
For immediate consideration please email your resume in a word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.