Associate Claim Service Adjuster - Liability
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Liability Claims Service Adjuster in Jacksonville, FL!
Combine your skills of working with people and investigation!
As an Allstate Claim Adjuster, you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore peoples lives after they experience a loss. You will be responsible for investigating minor single- and multi car auto accidents to determine liability. You will analyze police reports and interview accident victims via the phone, to evaluate the cause of the accident, whos at fault, and to what degree. You will also work directly with customers to guide them through the claims process in a caring and professional manner, and to negotiate fair and equitable settlements. You will be challenged to manage multiple cases simultaneously, and document every step of activity for each claim on Allstates state-of-the-art, computerized NextGen claims system. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Accepts inbound and making outbound calls to insureds, claimants and third party carriers
- Determines applicable coverages in basic claims involving a single claimant and determines applicable coverage limits in basic claims involving multiple claimants
- Takes recorded statements from claimants, insureds, witnesses, etc. and prepares summaries
- Conducts investigations into minor single and multi-car accidents to obtain additional claims and coverage information and assist in determining liability
- Reviews investigation notes and determines claim value, coverage and liability for basic claims
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Gaining knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Gaining knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Gaining ability to apply industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Gaining knowledge of basic analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Gaining knowledge of standardized problem solving and preparation of basic reports for analysis
- Gaining ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Gaining negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Gaining ability to apply conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle basic claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.