User Experience Architect
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The User Experience organization is a multi-disciplinary service organization that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide an overall positive, engaging and productive experience. The organization is comprised of UX Architects, Content Writers, UX Researchers, UI Engineers and Visual Designers that come together to design delightful experiences.
User Experience (UX) Design is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions.
A User Experience Architect Sr. Consultant is responsible for understanding and applying knowledge of human capabilities, technology, industry best practices and standards to create user interfaces for low to moderately complex projects.
Ability to create wireframes, user flows, work models, user profiles, user scenarios and usability objectives, aligned with business and user goals for low to moderately complex projects
- Create estimates and project plans (related to user-centered design efforts) for low to moderately complex projects
- Perform research to gather end-user requirements
- Facilitate iterative evaluations of user-interface designs (usability testing, mock-up interviews, heuristic reviews, qualitative and quantitative measures)
- Plan and conduct formal user interface design reviews
- Help create user interface standards and techniques for use by UX and development teams
- Assist in defining and refining user-centered design processes
- Work closely and collaborate with UI Engineers, Visual Designers, Researchers, Content Writers, as well as Business and Technology Partners
- Ability to incorporate design-thinking methodologies into their process, helping to facilitate workshops with both stakeholders and users to align on solutions
- Ability to work within Agile/Scrum, XP, and Waterfall development methodologies
- Bachelors degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors and or HCI preferred. Graduates from a recognized, multi-week design bootcamp will also be accepted
- 2-5 years as a UX practitioner in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience with complex transactional business models would be preferred
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure and MS Office
- Clear understanding of mobile-first and responsive web design practices
- Solid Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of HTML and CSS (you will not be expected to code)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.