Administrative Assistant - Service Center
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Under direct supervision, provides clerical assistance and performs administrative related functions in conjunction with other service center personnel in the maintenance of daily service center activities.
- Evaluates workflow processes to insure compliance with Business Unit best practices and modifies for compliance and efficiency
- Administers inventory control system for supplies
- Manages service center location filing, storage and retention functions
- Maintains equipment inventory and maintenance records for service center location; recommends to Operations Manager or Service Center Manager, acquisition or disposition of furniture and equipment from the fixed asset list
- Organizes agenda and materials for service center location staff meetings
- Maintains all fleet records for the branch and works with the fleet department as a service center liaison
- Assists with the supervision and/or implementation of systems input and software/database management within the service center location
- Answers and directs incoming phone calls.
- Greets visitors.
- Supports the creation of new claims assignments in appropriate systems.
- Opens, indexes and sorts all mail (incoming and outgoing)
- Opens, distributes and responds (as appropriate) to all incoming email in Branch email inbox.
- Supports Service Center and Home Office reporting requirements.
- Photocopies, faxes and scans documents as needed by service center personnel.
- Assists and/or relieves other clerical personnel for vacation, sick leave or as deemed necessary.
- Assists in and/or performs general clerical/secretarial duties necessary to accomplish daily service center activities.
- Performs typing/keyboarding and data input functions.
- Serves as a liaison between service center and corporate headquarters departments to provide direction for answering questions and solving problems.
- Maintains vacation and sick leave records.
- Prepares/transmits medical only Workers Compensation filings for Industry Commissions.
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
High school graduate or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of five years of experience providing administrative support to management.
Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask.
Intermediate Word and Excel Software Skills.
Basic PowerPoint Software Skills.
Alphabetical and numerical filing ability.
Standard business machines.
Accurate typing or keyboarding skills.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to coordinate work flow of other clerical employees
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.