AmTrust Financial Services
This position is for our Non- Profit divisiion.
The underwriter administers the underwriting and servicing of new and renewal accounts for agents and producers assigned within the territory in compliance with company underwriting, authority, and pricing standardsResponsibilities
- Write and retain a profitable book of business through solid risk analysis, pricing and servicing. Maintains compliance with state filings and adheres to corporate underwriting and pricing guidelines. Operate within written authority grant and makes referrals to Home Office Underwriting as required
- Collaborates closely with territory team. Keep peers and Territory Management informed of all issues and activity
- In collaboration with Territory Management, develop and implement the territory business plan and share accountability with team in meeting territory goals
- Train territory staff and clients on underwriting appetite and protocols in conjunction with corporate training guidelines
- Within Home Office authority grant, acts as the referral point for the territory underwriting staff
- Coach and collaborate with the team to develop, manage and maintain outside client relationships which will include traveling in the territory to meet with agents, producers and nonprofit associations or organizations. Actively plan and participate in industry events as required such as but not limited to agency or association conventions
- Provides professional, timely and courteous communication and service to external clients and cross departmental staff to successfully resolve issues pertaining to policyholders and territory producers
- Provides the pertinent information and guidance to support staff required to process coverage requests in accordance with service guidelines
- Collaborates with territory team on reports and update databases as required
- Assists in gathering and communicating competitive information
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- 5 - 10 years of commercial lines property and casualty experience - specifically non-profit sector
- CPCU or CIC designation preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience with and expert technical knowledge of commercial casualty, property, automobile, workers compensation and umbrella insurance coverage and risk selection, methods and pricing.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision
- Ability to make sound contributions to tactical and strategic planning
- Ability to train, coach and mentor individuals of various backgrounds within area of expertise
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.