Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Are you interested in becoming a member of a highly skilled team that provides support for cutting edge projects in an area that enables advanced analytics for our Research departments?
This position offers a technical, assertive, creative and inquisitive individual the opportunity to learn about our research work and teams here at Travelers and the products they support by working in an exciting and growing area of the company. You will partner with some of the best statisticians, modelers and technical staff in the company to improve the tools and processes used by the Advanced Analytic community. You will assist them in developing better advanced analytic models in an effort to impact our business more quickly.
As a member of the Enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics (EBIA) team, the incumbent will support the Advanced Analytics Pillar by working closely with the Advanced Analytic Pillar Lead as well as leaders across the Enterprise and IT to execute on our modernization efforts. The incumbent will help position our advanced analytic platform and infrastructure to support the next generation of our advanced analytic models, enabling software capabilities like SAS, R, Python and other open source tools, and ensure our community has access to the appropriate hardware (servers, powerful desktops, GPU's, etc.) as well as latest Cloud (internal and external) technologies that support various advanced analytic initiatives.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Includes but not limited to partnering with our advanced analytic community and engineering teams to support the following within Travelers ecosystem:
- Develop a strategy to identify, map and move current workloads to target state and assist customers with execution
- Enable interoperability between our Big Data and advanced analytic ecosystems
- Develop a framework to support enterprise use of custom built tools and scripts
- Develop a framework to support regression test beds to test predictive models during ecosystem changes
- Champion the effective use of storage technologies, metadata and third party data
- Develop and champion best practices to support environment user guides, training and onboarding material
- Develop and track server workloads, utilization and capacity metrics to drive future direction, purchases and needs
- Develop and maintain a catalog of software products and their use across the platform
5 years of relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and manipulation required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelors degree in MIS, computer science or equivalent.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of advanced analytics modeling processes and practices
- Knowledge of analytic ecosystems including: tools, ETL, metadata / data management, relational database management systems
- Proven track record of success supporting analytic teams and environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strategic thinking skills demonstrated thought leadership in the analytics space
- Strong communication, collaboration and team building skills with both business and IT disciplines
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Customer service oriented with the enthusiasm to learn
- Programming experience in a Linux environment using tools that include SAS, R and Python
- Experience enabling projects related to advanced analytics, data warehousing and/or business intelligence
Operates standard office equipment - Continuously Sitting (Can stand at will) - Continuously Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key - Continuously
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE