Digital Product Owner
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This job is responsible for the design and developmont of technology capabilities within an assigned Claims Digital Transformation (CDT) platform. This position will design, deliver and integrate business processes with new and existing technology capabilities. The individual will develop architecture connecting business processes, functional data flow, and Claim system applications. They will optimize the development and re-use of capabilities across platforms while adhering to design principles, budgets, consumer, Agency owner, and employee user experience. The individual works independently, prioritizes the individual's own responsibilities, and manages the individual's own workload. The individual consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals. It's important to note this position will report to the business team NOT the technology team but will partner with the technology team.
Product Ownership / Business Architecture
- Manages the design, build, and maintanaince/enhancements of complex CDT capabilities
- Works with other Product Owners to ensure integration between capabilities within a platform
- Develops and maintains architectural governance and controls over design and implementation
- Partners and collaborates across AORs, ATSV Architecture and external vendors to implement initiatives; influence others as needed to support team goals and initiatives
- Aids in informing CDT roadmap development
- Operates at the capability-level, in support of broader platforms
- Develops functional data flow to ensure the efficacy of new capabilities
- Proactively engages with field stakeholder groups to collect insights and feedback to inform program design; accountable for prioritizing improvements and incorporating enhancements into program deliverables within the roadmap
- Owns the development and maintenance of program deliverables (e.g. process flows, presentations, reports, project updates)
- Collects and analyzes data and insights; leverage results to develop recommendations for improvement
- Informs budget and forecast for CDT portfolio
- Performs process development, improvement, rollout, and integration activities
- Responsible for optimizing process oversight with process agility
- Defines measures to ensure process compliance/adherence
- Influences business process design
- Designs, builds, and delivers business processes and technical capability solutions based upon design principles
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages, researches, and resolves highly complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; recommends, designs, and implements personal and business unit action plans
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- Must have a high level of influencing, facilitating, problem solving and ability to develop strategy and execute that strategy
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Provides advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Applies advanced skills related to business architecture
- Applies advanced skills related to process design, improvement, and integration
- Applies advanced functional integration skills in order to incorporate new capabilities and processes with existing Claims activities
- Ability to influence business process design and strategic direction
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.