Sales Regional Rep - Health Insurance
IHC Group is seeking Regional Sales Representatives for our Columbus, OH office. The Regional Sales Representative is responsible for calling, recruiting, training and supporting IHC's contracted producers. To distribute profitable small group self-funded, short-term medical insurance, dental insurance, discount prescription drug program, and any other programs introduced and offered by the company. This position also is responsible for coordinating all phases of sales, special projects and phone coverage, with an emphasis on achieving our stated sales goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Clearly articulate IHC's conceptual selling points to Producers and perform one-on-one telephonic and web-based product training;
- Develop and maintain relationships with Producers to uncover client needs, provide solutions, and increase sales;
- Act as a general liaison between IHC and client/distribution and identify sales opportunities unique to each Producer assigned;
- Demonstrate increased sales within the group of Producers assigned;
- Document outcome of each producer's contact in Sales' Management Software;
- Prepare and facilitate licensing, appointment, and online sales setup;
- Facilitate in gathering of competitive data, and assist with compiling competitive analysis;
- Assess the Producer's marketing strategies and business attitude to determine if they fit a satisfactory profile;
- Coach producers to adapt accurate and effective marketing and sales techniques;
- Be knowledgeable regarding competitor's benefits, rates and marketing;
- Other projects as assigned.
Vice President of Sales, TeleBrokerage
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 2 - 3 years experience in a Sales and Marketing environment.
- Previous experience in a health insurance environment, working with and presenting a variety of plan types and insurance products preferred.
- Understanding of individual health plans, short-term medical plans and ancillary benefits a plus.
- Telephone sales or outbound call center experience.
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong PC skills, using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and presentation software.
- Excellent project management and organization skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities and projects.
- Insurance License a plus. If hired, attainment of License within 6 months is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certificates or designations from industry organizations such as LOMA, AHIP, or AICP highly desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Normal office environment with controlled temperature.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.