Sales Producer - Commercial Insurance
As an Insurance Sales Producer, you will work independently to sell and develop strong business-to-business relationships. A confident, self-starter, you are not afraid of cold calling, being persistent and developing new relationships. Working closely with account managers, you will work in a partnership to ensure that all of your client’s needs are met.
Roles and Responsibilities of an Insurance Sales Producer:
- Establish client relationships and follow up with customers, as needed.
- Provide prompt, accurate and professional customer service.
- Understand key coverage and risk techniques.
- Ability to determine coverage and exposure analysis.
- Assist in marketing new and renewal business, including understanding key carrier traits to determine best fits and negotiating coverage and premiums.
- Work within company specific guidelines and policies.
Requirements of an Insurance Sales Producer:
- 3-5 years of previous business-to-business sales experience
- Commercial Insurance sales experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Experience selling to a specific industry a plus
- Required to obtain the appropriate state licensing within 90 days of hire
- Preference given to those with existing insurance licensure and/or industry designations
- Strong written and oral communication (especially telephone) skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Excellent listening skills and ability to determine clients’ need efficiently
- Advanced ability in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Applied Epic agency management system (preferred)
Benefits of an Insurance Sales Producer:
- Base pay level depends on experience. Commissions/bonuses are awarded based on individual performance via sales results.
- Health and Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
Additional Requirements of an Insurance Sales Producer:
- Pass pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening