Human Resources Business Partner
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Under the supervision of Human Resources Leadership, ensure that managers in assigned region carry out human resource activities in accordance with the companys policies and procedures. Partner with local management and employees to ensure a positive and productive work environment by providing strategic human resource input, solutions, and support on human resource related issues.
- Partner with management teams to develop and implement HR programs and policies that enhance the success of employee and company performance.
- Engage with the company to provide a consultative, proactive approach to HR needs by developing a deep understanding of the organizations business, industry, products and processes, and short and long term objectives.
- Counsel employees and managers on job related issues, including providing assistance to managers on performance improvement plans and disciplinary actions.
- Conduct investigations and make recommendations based on findings by providing problem resolution through policies and procedures interpretation.
- Partner with management to ensure an engaged workforce. Helps implement and support engagement efforts and activities.
- Plan, organize, and lead human resource activities, including representing the company in interactions with all departments.
- Assist in recruitment and selection processes as necessary and execute sourcing strategies.
- Assist in the companys training and performance management processes to ensure on-going effective communication, development, and growth opportunities for employees.
- Facilitate new hire on-boarding to ensure quick and effective assimilations to the company.
- Identify legal employment requirements and provide appropriate guidance of the policies, procedures, and actions needed for compliance. Partner with management to communicate various policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Help educate the workforce on their leave rights and support managements needs for accommodating leave requests.
- Serve as a partner and coach to the companys management teams and staff.
- Provide solutions that positively impact company retention and growth strategies.
- Provide coaching and support to supervisors and managers regarding all people management aspects.
- Oversees the employee termination process to ensure smooth delivery of required benefit/Cobra documentation, last pay check, and conducts exit interviews.
- Participate in special projects or perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- Travel is required.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred
- Minimum five years previous experience in Human Resource activities, preferably as a generalist in a medium to large corporation.
- Expertise in areas such as recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, training and development, and knowledge of government regulations,
- Critical understanding how HR contributes to overall business goals/strategies
- Customer-focused, sincere, and passionate
- Collaborative, disciplined, and focused
- Possess a high standard of integrity
- Results driven with a sense of urgency
- Ability to use HRIS (Lawson) and strong PC skills including working knowledge of spreadsheet (Excel), word processing (Word), and business presentation (PowerPoint) software applications,
- Ability to work on own initiative with good organizational skills in a multi-tasking environment, Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills are critical.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.