The Lovitt & Touche Summer 2018 Marketing internship program is specific to our Marketing and Social Media department. We are looking for one to two interns for the summer who are interested in working on projects that encompass graphics design, video creation, blogging, and industry research tied to sales lead generation. This internship program can be 10 or 11-weeks in duration, depending on the students preference, with time worked falling within the window of Monday June 4th to Friday August 17th. Hours would be Monday thru Friday from 8:30am to 12:30pm, for a total of 20 hours per week. The rate of pay is $12.50/hr. We are ideally looking for Sophomores, Juniors and/or Seniors as of the Fall 2018 semester to apply.
Here is a short video from a past intern: https://vimeo.com/260801452
The Sales & Marketing internship program is designed to introduce college students to the lead generation and social selling aspects of the insurance brokerage world. Over a 10-week program, students will be given an opportunity to shadow experienced sales personnel along with performing some hands-on project work.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn the importance of lead generation and social selling in todays broker model
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. direct mail campaign)
- Perform market analysis and research on leads/prospects
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Assist with preparing presentations
- Attend select onsite client or carrier meetings
- Special projects as assigned, including those tied to graphics design, video creation, blogging and lead generation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelors degree within the Sales, Marketing, Business Development or other related field
- Desire to learn about the insurance industry and its employment opportunities
- Grade point average of 2.75 or higher
- Targeting students within their last two years of program study
- Ability to commit to internship schedule Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 12:30pm for the full 10 weeks
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled office environment
- General technology as it relates to office administration
- Regular business hours with additional hours required during certain periods
As one of the largest insurance agencies in the United States, with nearly 200 employees in three offices and over $400 million in total premiums – Lovitt & Touché has the experienced personnel and financial strength to solve your insurance problems all over the world.
Our commitment is to satisfy our clients’ needs and expectations through the development of quality programs, underwritten by sound companies and delivered by exceptional employees. We promise to work at building a long term partnership with you …a partnership based on the fact that we will always do what’s best for you regardless of its impact upon our fees. In addition, we will continue to search for better ways to serve you and to solve your insurance related problems. This includes examining the factors which make your risks unique while helping you with workplace safety, loss control and risk management. Finally, we will always be available to assist in adjustment or settlement of claims.
Lovitt & Touché is honored to have been selected by the Phoenix Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work in the Valley” since 2013, one of the “The Valley’s Healthiest Employers” since 2012 and “Top Minority Owned Firm” since 2012. We are proud to have been recognized as a CareerBuilder Top Company to Work for in Arizona since 2013, hold the Copper Cactus Lifetime Award for Community Service since 2011 and were the first company to be awarded the Gold seal by Healthy Arizona Worksites in 2014. Lovitt & Touché has also been featured in the Ranking Arizona publications as a Top Insurance Broker and Best Places to Work.