The Lovitt & Touche Summer 2018 Insurance Operations internship program is a rotational internship through our various departments, covering Personal Lines, Bonds, Employee Group Benefits, Commercial Lines, Underwriting, Claims and Risk Control. The internship program is an 11-week program running from Monday June 4th to Thursday August 16th. Hours are Monday thru Thursday from 8:30am to 12:30pm, for a total of 16 hours per week. The rate of pay is $12.50/hr. This is a great opportunity for those considering a career within insurance and for those students who are pursuing an Insurance Studies educational program. We are ideally looking for Sophomores, Juniors and/or Seniors as of the Fall 2018 semester to apply.
Here is a short video from a past intern: https://vimeo.com/258293348
The summer internship program is designed to introduce college students to the many facets within the insurance brokerage world. Over a 10-week program, students will rotate through our various departments including Private Risk Services/Personal Lines, Bonds, Employee Group Benefits, Commercial Lines, Marketing and Claims. Students will be given an opportunity to shadow experienced staff along with performing some hands-on work and seeing the world of insurance in action with clients and carriers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn the role a broker and carrier play in securing and supporting a clients insurance program
- Learn the basic operations and roles of each department
- Shadow staff from various departments on a rotating schedule
- Attend select onsite client or carrier meetings
- Assist with administrative or system tasks for each department
- Special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Current enrollment in an Insurance Studies certificate of completion program (local community college) or Bachelors degree in related field (GCU)
- Desire to learn about the insurance industry and its employment opportunities
- Grade point average of 2.75 or higher
- Targeting students within their last two years of program study
- Ability to commit to internship schedule Monday thru Thursday 8:30am to 12:30pm for the full 11 weeks
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled office environment
- General technology as it relates to office administration
- Regular business hours with additional hours required during certain periods
As one of the largest insurance agencies in the United States, with nearly 200 employees in three offices and over $400 million in total premiums – Lovitt & Touché has the experienced personnel and financial strength to solve your insurance problems all over the world.
Our commitment is to satisfy our clients’ needs and expectations through the development of quality programs, underwritten by sound companies and delivered by exceptional employees. We promise to work at building a long term partnership with you …a partnership based on the fact that we will always do what’s best for you regardless of its impact upon our fees. In addition, we will continue to search for better ways to serve you and to solve your insurance related problems. This includes examining the factors which make your risks unique while helping you with workplace safety, loss control and risk management. Finally, we will always be available to assist in adjustment or settlement of claims.
Lovitt & Touché is honored to have been selected by the Phoenix Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work in the Valley” since 2013, one of the “The Valley’s Healthiest Employers” since 2012 and “Top Minority Owned Firm” since 2012. We are proud to have been recognized as a CareerBuilder Top Company to Work for in Arizona since 2013, hold the Copper Cactus Lifetime Award for Community Service since 2011 and were the first company to be awarded the Gold seal by Healthy Arizona Worksites in 2014. Lovitt & Touché has also been featured in the Ranking Arizona publications as a Top Insurance Broker and Best Places to Work.