BUILD YOUR FUTURE...WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customers future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Solution Architect Job Summary
Salary Range: 104,849 - 120,577 - 136,304
The Solution Architect is accountable for the identification, evaluation and selection of technology-related solutions to business problems which are delivered via IT projects and other initiatives. They work across multiple domains to facilitate meetings with Business stakeholders, Project Managers, IT Leaders, other Architects, and Technical Leads to identify and propose solution options for consideration. The Solution Architect is accountable for the solution's technical integrity, fit-for-purpose, and conformance to the Enterprise business and technical architectural direction.
Solution Architects serves the Architect Community by contributing to the definition and implementation of enterprise patterns, practices, standards and models which are used by teams involved in the development of applications or the delivery of services.
The Solution Architect is typically engaged during inception and planning for projects that are of moderate complexity. These projects or initiatives often have architectural significance with many impacted applications, platforms, or domains. During project execution they have oversight responsibilities to ensure deliverables align with the architectural design and expected results are achieved.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Accountable for the identification, evaluation and selection of technology-related solutions to business problems which are delivered via IT projects and other initiatives. Typically engaged during inception and planning for projects that are of moderate complexity.
2. Partners with stakeholders (Enterprise Architect, Project Manager, Business Sponsors, Asset Owner, IT Leaders, technical resources) to review, clarify and refine the definition of the identified business need(s).
3. Works with architects, analysts and other stakeholders across all impacted domains to develop and propose more than one feasible solution with options and implications.
4. Seeks opportunities to leverage and promote enterprise business and technical capabilities within solution options.
5. Delivers Project/Initiative documents including but not limited to: Options and Impacts analysis; Project Solution Architecture Documents; etc.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 5+ years relevant work experience in one or more of the architecture domains (e.g. business, applications, data, and infrastructure).
2. Previous experience with projects that are of moderate complexity and have many assigned project resources.
3. Previous experience aligning local goals and direction with Business and IT vision, strategy and priorities.
4. Previous experience defining and discerning key aspects of a problem and developing an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context.
5. Comfortable with thought conflict and dealing with ambiguity.
6. Strong verbal and writing skills including the ability to translate technical data into user-friendly terminology and graphics. Adept at developing and presenting complex material effectively to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
7. Capable of working with all levels of the organization.
8. Ability to positively influence and motivate others in the adoption and implementation of processes and technology solutions
9. Proven ability to develop effective working relationships and earn respect and credibility with both technical and business leadership.
10. Ability to perform work that is complex and varied, with latitude for independent judgment and minimal to no formal supervision.
11. Familiarity with The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or other architecture frameworks.
12. Property & Casualty insurance industry process knowledge is a plus.
13. Project Management experience with the ability to logically organize and plan work and tasks.
14. Programming experience within their primary domain.
15. Bachelors Degree or commensurate experience, in information technology or a business related field.
16. Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: phone; web, voice, and tele-conferencing; email; etc.
Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.