AAA Texas/AAA New Mexico is seeking a Media, Corporate and Community Relations Representative responsible for developing public relations, media relations, traffic safety and advocacy programs for the Club.
- Serve as a spokesperson for AAA-Texas and AAA New Mexico to represent the organization to members of the media in live and taped interviews, at public functions and with other traffic safety advocates.
- Develop and oversee implementation of strategic plans for public affairs and communications functions statewide in Texas and New Mexico.
- Ensure the best image of AAA is presented to the public, AAA employees and to members of the media.
- Support AAA Texas Public Affairs team in executing all external communications including press releases, speeches, fact sheets and talking points.
- Solely create, plan and implement press conferences, special events and community programs supporting AAA's traffic safety programs, initiatives and other interests.
- Seek opportunities and personally represent the Club in traffic safety and injury prevention committees, task forces and coalitions.
- Network with law enforcement agencies, transportation and government officials, community organizations, and others to promote Clubs' initiatives, raise visibility, enter into partnerships, and exert influence in areas of the public arena that are important to the Club's advocacy and business interest.
- Develop strategic traffic safety programs that include promotion of AAA foundation for Traffic Safety research as well as Club's programs and services to members and non members.
- Support the Club's community outreach efforts including teen, senior driver, child passenger safety events as well as impaired and distracted driving prevention events.
- Contribute to comprehensive measurement reports for community relations and media relations activities.
- Advise executive management on possible public/media reaction to management decisions and Club initiatives.
- Work with other staff and business line managers to gain media coverage on AAA's traffic safety advocacy efforts as well as products and services.
- Regularly monitor all news media platforms (newspapers, TV, radio, online) for stories that may impact the organization and /or present an opportunity for promotion of AAA traffic safety messages.
- Participate in internal committees and assist with employee engagement events.
- Be responsive to AAA member inquires and route them to the appropriate business line manager for review.
- Have a passion for continuing AAA's long history of being a safety advocate for all travelers.
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Public Affairs, Journalism or related field
- Significant experience in corporate communications, public relations and/or print or broadcast journalism
- Organizational skills and time management required
- Ability to travel and work outside of normal business hours
- Advance proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to form productive relationships within all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in areas of advocacy, media relations and /or public affairs
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills
- Necessary competencies include: collaboration and teamwork, initiative and accountability
- Experience in community outreach/event planning is desired but not required
- Spanish speaking candidates are encouraged to apply
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE