User Interface Engineer - Lead
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Creative Technology team is paving the way for a next generation UI Engineer role within an evolving enterprise that operates at the intersection of design and technology.
Allstate UI engineers are passionate about applying new UI technologies and trends to simplify the interface between the human and the machine. As front-end developers, we are seamlessly connecting brand language, technology stacks, product codebases and experiences. As UX engineers we deploy production codebase and ship solutions to user problems across products and enterprise.
Ideal candidates will apply their knowledge of front-end technologies working in an innovative and collaborative environment experimenting with UI concepts in partnership with designers and software engineers, produce industry leading solutions to user problems using technologies UI development, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and mobile development.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about their craft and have strong UI development fundamentals translating layouts, typography, motion, gestures, voice to working code across UI development platforms and frameworks.
- Explore cutting edge technologies and UI trends, prototype and develop product concepts
- Partner with design, product and engineering teams to iterate on design concepts and ideas and deliver shippable product user interfaces
- Unify and enhance digital experiences by providing front-end coding expertise
- Embrace latest UI development standards and best practices to streamline code development and gain operational efficiency
- 9+ years of experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Fine Arts or related technical field or equivalent working experience.
- Experience with front end technologies and frameworks.
- Proficient with a CSS preprocessor such as SASS or LESS.
- Experience coding websites that adhere to Web Accessibility standards.
- Proficient using test-driven development.
- Possess the necessary technical and leadership skills to be able to share ideas and guide others team members in managing projects.
- Experience developing user-facing applications.
- Experience with the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5, CSS3, and ES6.
- Working knowledge of component based frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular v2+, or other similar frameworks.
- An eye for design and empathy towards the user experience.
- Best practices for performance optimization (quantitative and perceived) as well as experience in continuous integration and delivery environments.
- Working experience of accessibility standards with a focus on the end-user.
- Ability to solve complex problems and adapt when issues arise.
- Ability to collaborate on efforts and apply good communication skills.
- Success developing and mentoring a team.
- Strategic technical thinking and alignment with business goals.
- Building working relationships across various teams and product owners.
- Instill best-practice methods.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment.
- Adhere to and participate in the creation of standards for code quality, accessibility, and system performance.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.