Business Analyst - P&C Insurance REQUIRED
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE PROPERTY AND CASUALTY INSURANCE EXPERIENCE
Job Summary: Act as primary IT liaison to P&C Insurance business users. Develop systems requirements and acceptance criteria for system implementation, corrections and enhancements, and conducts testing as appropriate to valid functionality. Serve as system SME providing end-user support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirements and functional and technical specifications.
- Communicate effectively with the business and development team to meet functional requirements (e.g. screen, interface, and GUI designs).
- Participate in test design and execution.
- Serve as a key member of the support team for applications assigned.
- Document all functional activities and processes related to the supported applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in property and casualty insurance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or 3-5 years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Insurance processing experience with policy and claims or insurance testing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing BRDs and other system related specification documents
- Detailed oriented with uncanny problem solving abilities
- Independent thinker and self-starter with the ability to excel in either individual or team-based assignments
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and change directions rapidly, as needed, without impacting deliverables
- Must be dedicated to quality, highly organized and efficient
General Microsoft Office knowledge required with advanced Excel and Project experience.
Familiarity with Visio, Access, SQL, are a plus.
General understanding of development and testing concepts helpful.