Business Develop Rep - Commercial Lines - Southeastern Pennsylvania Region
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
"You work for NJM? That's a great company!" If you're hired, you'll hear it over and over again from friends, family and neighbors. Why? Because NJM strives consistently to meet the service expectations of its customers. These efforts do not go unnoticed — many policyholders have trusted NJM for decades, and it's commonplace for NJM to insure multiple generations of the same family.
NJM is a great company for policyholders and for employees. With competitive salaries and attractive benefits, including medical, dental, a generous 401(k) plan, paid time off and more, as well as opportunities for advancement, many employees choose to build their careers at NJM.
New Jersey's premier property/casualty insurer and a leading provider of personal auto, homeowners and commercial auto insurance, NJM is also the state's largest writer of workers' compensation insurance, a designation it has held since the 1940s. The Company has repeatedly earned top scores by a prominent national consumer magazines.
Commercial Lines Business Development Representative - Southeastern Pennsylvania Region
Commercial Lines Sales
Within assigned territory (the concentration being in southeastern Pennsylvania) this individual will be responsible for the development, planning, execution, and monitoring of new business generation, profitable sales growth, and expanding broker relationships to increase NJM’s market share of Workers Compensation and Commercial Automobile products and services. Works closely and collaborates with Policyholder Services staff to ensure service continuity and overall policyholder satisfaction.
• Stays abreast of trends in NJM’s 5 major lines of business. Understands economic and business indicators and strategic issues that affect NJM’s geographic market, assigned territory and policyholders. Stays abreast to competitor’s plans.
• With Business Development Manager’s direction executes on sales strategy and activities to meet new business sales and revenue forecasts for both the short- and long term.
• Communicates a compelling value proposition. Strategize opportunities, leverage relationships and perform activities and procedures to consistently achieve sales performance goals/targets.
• Collaborates with Policyholder Services, Underwriting, Engineering, Actuarial, Marketing and Personal Lines to accomplish sales performance.
• Actively participates in tradeshows, conferences, industry forums, Chambers of Commerce, Corporate Giving and NJBIA events.
• Performs all aspects of sales process from planning, prospecting, proposal development to deal execution for new business.
• Demonstrates comprehension of corporate strategic plan, sales goals, objectives and changes.
• Demonstrates technical expertise in communicating all Commercial Lines products and services.
• Keeps business development manager up to date on activities and results.
• Utilizes peer mentor role as a resource and collaborates with mentor on targeting skill development with actionable plans.
• Hones skills sets by participating in targeted training programs, stretch assignments, attending sales seminars/workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional associations.
• Attends bi-annual sales meeting and participates in the development of topics, presentations and interactive sessions.
• Achieve sales performance goals/targets.
• With business development manager continually monitors territory book of business. Forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams. Compiles and interprets productivity reports and discuss results. Explains productivity variables and works to improve them.
• Initiates, builds and cultivates key broker and consultant relationships, and immediately follows up on referrals.
• Plans broker and consultant visits and presentations promoting NJM’s products and services.
• Acts as the liaison between broker community and NJM to resolve problems and capitalize on opportunities.
• Ensures new business orientation meeting are facilitated properly for service continuity.
• Submits timely expenses, maximize economies and masters time management.
• Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information regarding competitors, distribution channels, industries, regulatory, technology, and economics to be responsive to management needs.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Demonstrates a high degree of results orientation and strategic awareness to foster new business strategies and the ability to deliver on key goals and messages.
• Demonstrates exceptional critical thinking, problem solving, innovation and creativity skills.
• Demonstrates exceptional skill in initiating and building business relationships with brokers, executives, prospects, staff and work collaboratively across business lines.
• Demonstrates exceptional influencing, persuading and negotiating skills.
• Demonstrates exceptional presentation and facilitation skills.
• Demonstrates a confident presence with exceptional communication skills (verbal, listening and written). Has the ability to provide both positive and difficult feedback.
• Demonstrates exceptional multi-tasking, organizational, math and financial skills.
• Ability to work independently and remotely to achieve results with limited supervision.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite primarily in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel as needed.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5-8 years in a progressive B2B sales/business development role selling products and services.
• Demonstrated success in consistently meeting business development goals.
• Producers License and CPCU designation preferred or must be able to attain.
NJM is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.
Apply for Business Develop Rep - Commercial Lines - Southeastern Pennsylvania Region
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly