AmTrust Financial Services
San Diego, California
Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for a Workers Comp Claims Assistant. This position will be located in our San Diego, CA office. The role of the Claims Assistant will be to provide assistance to claim adjusters by performing a variety of support services that include, but are not limited to, those listed in the essential job responsibilities section below:Responsibilities
- Assist adjusters in contacting insureds or other involved persons to obtain missing or incomplete information.
- Provide customer service, such as giving limited instructions on how to proceed with claims, completing timely and accurate responses to customer inquiries and resolving minor complaints, which arise during the claims handling process.
- Performs data entry functions (claim checks, claim file updates, forms, form letters, electronic interfaces, etc.) as directed by claims adjuster or supervisor.
- Receives and/or returns telephone calls as directed by claims adjuster.
- Performs general maintenance of claims documents in the claim files.
- Other tasks as assigned by adjusters or supervisor
- Basic knowledge of claims procedures and policies.
- Ability to take direction and make decisions.
- Self-organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to learn new procedures quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
- Professional telephone demeanor and good oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of business technology.
Ability to work in a team environmentQualifications
- High school diploma.
- Two to four years experience in an insurance claims department or related experience.
- May require occasional evening and/or weekend work.
What We Offer
- AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.