Job Title: Systems Administrator
Systems administration for production environment, DR site and Lexington user support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide desktop and telephony support for all users in Lexington, KY
- Provide Office 365 Administration and Support
- Assist with basic network cabling duties
- Travel to provide technical support at remote office and home users near Lexington
- Provide backup support to HQ Systems, Network, and Database Administrators as well as Systems Technicians
- Identify and document processes & procedures in written form
- Provide after hours and weekend support for production systems as needed
- Log all activities in Help Desk system, including time spent and resolution information
- Assist with IT audits as necessary
- Monitor and provide support for the disaster recovery data center
- Assist with Cisco firewall, switch, and router support
- Assist with Cisco UCS blade server support
- Assist with VMware administration and testing
- Assist with Microsoft SCCM/SCOM/SCEP
- Assist with Microsoft SharePoint Administration
- Assist with Enterprise wide Anti-Virus / Anti-Spam / Spyware solutions
- Assist with support of Netapp storage solutions
- Assist with VM backups / restores
- Assist with support of Legato Networker restores
- Assist with support of VMware vSphere Clusters
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2 years’ experience of IT support experience at a company with over 100 employees
- Must have strong personal skills. Works well with upper management.
- Must be comfortable working alone on many different tasks
- Must be self-motivated to stay on top of current technologies and solve problems across many different area of IT
- CCNA, A , MTA, MOS, or other related certifications preferred
- Preferred proficiency in scripting (PowerShell, Vbscript, Command Shell)
- Good knowledge of products and tools for all aspects of system management, including backup, network/system monitoring, scripting, automation, and security; especially performance monitoring and identification of bottlenecks
- Experience managing enterprise level SAN, backup and recovery, and disaster recovery
- Understanding of data center infrastructure technologies including Disaster Recovery procedures
- Working knowledge of and hands-on working experience with network configurations, services, routing and related protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, DHCP etc...)
- Self-starter with excellent analytical, documentation and communication skills
- Experience supporting a 24/7 environment
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with physical access and camera control systems
- Experience with VMware vSphere and SRM is a plus
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work is performed in a typical business office environment requiring use of a computer. Work outside of normal schedule may be required to complete projects and meet deadlines. Occasional travel, including overnight travel in-state and out-of-state, may be required at the company’s discretion to perform necessary job duties.
No matter the square footage, your home is your castle. At Tower Hill we’re in the business of protecting castles. We provide the insurance protection you need and the peace of mind you want.
Founded more than 40 years ago, today Tower Hill is Florida’s largest homeowners insurer. Our company is financially strong and solid. We’ve weathered every storm and natural disaster in the state since 1972, and helped our customers rebuild after each one.
Like you, we love Florida. We enjoy the sun when it’s shining, appreciate mild winters, watch out for lightning, and build hurricane kits every summer. And like you, our homes are our castles. Sometimes the unexpected happens — or even the unthinkable — and we understand what that feels like, too. That’s why our 400 employees are committed to being there when you need us all year long, not just during storm season.
Your home is where you and your family should feel safe and protected. You can be confident that if the unthinkable happens, Tower Hill will be there to help you rebuild. When your home truly feels like your castle again to you, we know we’ve succeeded as your insurance company. Although we have grown in size over the last four decades, we remain committed to the promises we made when our company was founded.