AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust has an immediate need for a Workers' Comp Claims Examiner in our Irvine,CA office. This will be a TEMPORARY assignment. Responsible for the prompt and efficient examination, investigation and settlement or declination of California State and Federal insurance claims through effective research, negotiation and interaction with insureds and claimants, ensuring that company resources are utilized in a cost effective manner in the process. Duties include but are not limited to:Responsibilities
- Review, process and conclude moderate severity California State and Federal claims that may be limited in exposure but occasionally complex in nature
- Verifies coverage and policy conditions
- Completes quality investigation by gathering all pertinent information (recorded statements, review of police and medical reports, photographs and appraisals/estimates of damages, etc.).
- Determines if subrogation exists and takes steps necessary to initiate recovery efforts
- Documents all correspondence, reports, discussions and decisions
- Fulfill state licensing agreements/requirements (if applicable) and apply knowledge of state laws and regulations pertaining to the insurance industry
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating persistence along with problem solving and decision making skills to work with customers through a variety of challenging situations
- Good analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims in order to make sound decisions
- Knowledge of claim procedures, policies, technology, state and federal laws and insurance regulations
- Ability to multi-task and handle large volumes of work in a short period of time
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions, ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently and exhibit good common sense
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and ability to learn new software programs
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.