AmTrust Financial Services
The Director, HR Strategy & Mergers and Acquisitions successfully drives process improvement efforts to achieve significant business impact across the HR function. Working collaboratively with corporate and business functions, this role executes on high impact HR and enterprise projects, initiatives, process improvements, and lead coordination across the HR function on company transformations and other company initiatives. This role also drives the Human Resources work stream efforts on all merger and acquisition deals and divestitures, from project kickoff through due diligence, integration planning and integration execution.Responsibilities
- Independently and collaboratively, coordinate project and transformation activities across the HR project portfolio, including global, enterprise, and functional projects.
- Oversee HR initiatives involving system and process evaluations, process improvement, and technology improvement for HR processes and systems, working directly with HR functional systems owners.
- Coordinate Human Resources strategy engagements for Mergers & Acquisitions and divestitures; in operational due diligence, synergy assessments, and stand alone cost assessments as well as HR performance improvement projects.
- Manages the Mergers & Acquisitions HR structure to drive integration/divestiture success, minimize execution risks and drive efficiencies.
- Supports the broader global transformation and Mergers & Acquisitions integration efforts, including change management, organization design, and workforce transition design.
- Identifies and engages HR resources to conduct due diligence, assigning roles and responsibilities appropriately.
- Assess organizational, people and HR functional implications of a deal and assists with developing the HR approach and initial strategy.
- Drive project scope, staffing resources, information/data requests; create and coordinate final deliverables, and assist with presentation of results.
- Work with HR leadership on Change Management and Communications.
- May manage a team responsible for driving HR operations, project management and process improvements
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Organizational Development, Human Resources, Finance, Corporate Development or a related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project management, including collaboratively building the project schedule, resource loading, constraints, dependencies, risk assessment, and can articulate the detailed activities and associated challenges.
- Experience in an HR strategic consulting, business partner or corporate role with a focus on HR Mergers & Acquisitions and divestiture strategy, due diligence, colleague transition and integration planning and execution.
- Familiar with PM tools, processes, and methodologies for escalations, governance, operational cadence meetings, ROI calculation, and integration of multiple workstreams.
- Building & Sustain Momentum: Has demonstrated expertise delivering against multiple small and large projects. Specifically has begun project from scratch, with detailed knowledge of the activities and decisions, which were involved, and can share real life strategic direction of the processes.
- HR Expertise: Knowledge and experience with talent management, talent acquisition, total rewards, and shared service project work.
- Required to travel, both domestic & international, up to 25%.
- Prime critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Exceptional conflict resolution skills and a comfort level working with strong personality types at all levels
- Ability to build relationships and influence others who may not have a direct reporting relationship
- Capability to work under tight and/or changing deadlines with little disruption to service delivery
- Black Belt or Green Belt Certification
- PMP certified
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.