CSR / Account Manager - Commercial Lines
- Career Level
- Entry Level
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community. Our agency represents an extensive list of "A rated" insurance companies to provide the best coverage, at the most affordable rates available. We have insurance products to fit the specific needs of both businesses and individual, offering commercial, homeowners, auto, boat and life insurance.
The ideal candidate will be extremely customer service oriented and will represent the agency in a fast paced environment.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Process incoming mail in your electronic inbox.
- Assist with issuing binders, extensions, certificates, auto identification cards, and other proofs of coverage.
- Process endorsement requests and endorsements and send follow up requests to carriers.
- Input transactions in billing system to generate invoices.
- Process confirmed cancellations and audits as well as reinstatements.
- Input and update Acord applications in system as directed.
- Assist with policy rating and process changes on carrier websites.
- Retrieve and process documents from carrier websites.
- Check carrier communication logs and process as needed.
- Checks policies for accuracy in rating and typing and assure they are issued as requested and conform to application and proposal.
- Prepare policy books for large clients.
- Handle routine correspondence between carriers, agency, and insureds.
- Input and follow up on system activities as directed.
- Assist with data entry projects.
- Provide customers service to clients as directed and fill-in for Client Service Manager as needed.
- Seek advice from Client Service Manager when problems arise on accounts.
- Perform special projects at the Client Service Manager's request.
- Be available to assist services department with phones and mail if needed.
- Assist in the training and growth of newer and less experienced team members.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to other departments.
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Monitor personal continuing education requirements to ensure compliance with licensing requirements. Attend classes as necessary.
- Become familiar with and follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but don't worry. You'll get some training! Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Florida 4-40 License Required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience dealing with multiple insurance carriers
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System beneficial (but not required as we will train you)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Organizational & time management skills
- Team Player
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
REPORTS TO: Commercial Lines Department Manager
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
OTHER: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK AT WALLACE WELCH & WILLINGHAM:
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability;
- Paid Time Off;
- Paid Holidays;
- 401(k) with employer match;
- Paid Continuing Education;
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual;
- Proud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.