IT Business Analyst II - Claims
Major Function and Scope
Partner between IT and the Claims Units to provide software application support related to business analysis, data analysis, quality assurance testing, and help desk support related to a variety of software applications. Review, analyze and evaluate user requests, coordinate and monitor requests to a successful resolution. Document business requirements for medium to large project initiatives. Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Serve as a conduit between the customer community (Internal and External customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Understanding business process management and business requirements of the customers and translate them to specific software requirements.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Understand project plans and be able to articulate roles, project goals and timelines.
- Assist in the collection and consolidation of information and data related to documentation of business requirements on medium to large project efforts.
- Analyze and identify data issues that require an override on core systems or assistance with data mapping between systems.
- Prepare written business requirements that represent the business need and that are grammatically correct
- Effectively communicate with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements like GUI, screen and interface designs.
- Provides backup to other Business Analyst team members.
- Business degree or equivalent work experience and five or more years of related IT experience
- Experience working with a commercial insurance carrier, preferably with Claims specific knowledge. Exposure to auto, liability and worker’s compensation lines of business would be superb
- Demonstrate good judgment in what and how to communicate with a variety of clients and achieve results (strong sense of customer service)
- Strong logical, analytical and reasoning abilities and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of technical designs and specifications
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate organizational skills while working on multiple project initiatives
- Ability to work independently, takes ownership, determine the urgency of situations and respond accordingly
- Ability to seek guidance or input from mentors and supervisors
- Experience working in a large, matrixed environment where leadership, co-workers and necessary resources can come from different geographic regions, different internal and external entities