Account Manager - Personal Insurance Advisor
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community. Our agency represents an extensive list of "A rated" insurance companies to provide the best coverage, at the most affordable rates available. We have insurance products to fit the specific needs of both businesses and individual, offering commercial, homeowners, auto, boat and life insurance.
If you are a fast learner, enjoy a positive, fast paced customer service environment, we would like to meet you. You will utilize your superior communication skills in this role, helping our clients make informed decisions on their personal insurance needs.
Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
The ability to accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
As well as:
- Contribute to marketing campaigns that target new business sales.
- Survey prospect clients to determine insurance needs, provide quotes and make sales appointments.
- Find opportunities to create new relationships and cross-sell business.
- Market new business and remarket existing accounts.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including loss history.
- Maintain insurance expiration log.
- Work with underwriters to negotiate sales on behalf of clients.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with carrier representatives.
- Round out existing accounts within assigned book of business.
- Prepare coverage comparisons and present proposals to clients.
- Maintain up-to-date account information essential for documentation purposes.
- Check policies for accuracy.
- Process transactions to generate billing invoices and prepare premium finance contracts.
- Respond to requests from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative problems.
- Analyze policy transactions and correct company records to adjust errors.
- Review policy provisions to determine methods of effecting desired changes.
- Maintain paper and electronic activity system and documentation to follow up on outstanding items.
- Keep informed of industry developments
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
- Florida 4-40 or 2-20 License Required
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- 3 to 5 years experience in personal lines insurance
- Solid understanding of all lines of Personal insurance
- Ability to build rapport with each customer through active listening
- Experience dealing the multiple insurance carriers
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System beneficial
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Regular travel required. Must carry a minimum of $50,000/$100,000 Bodily Injury Liability and $50,000 Property Damage Limits on a personal auto policy.
REPORTS TO: Personal Insurance Manager
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
OTHER: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK AT WALLACE WELCH & WILLINGHAM:
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability;
- Paid Time Off;
- Paid Holidays;
- 401(k) with employer match;
- Paid Continuing Education;
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual;
- Proud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.