Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Security Event Level 1 Analyst, working in a team environment, participates in security event and intelligence monitoring, logging, and response services contributing to risk mitigation goals across the organization. Activities include monitoring the Security Incident Event Manager (SIEM) and related technologies, triaging and documenting security events in case management tool, and providing solutions to help ensure that data entrusted to Travelers remains secure.
CMC analysts also participate on other Security projects to help deliver security solutions and develop team member skills and overall contribution to the Security practice.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Triage Security alerts and events.
- Provide ongoing research and identification of security events using Security tools and reports.
- Track events in event case management system.
- Participate in investigations of events to determine root source and validity of reported events.
- Assist with ongoing tuning of the SIEM, case management tool and reports, and the creation and maintenance of event response runbooks/documentation.
- Participate in regular and ongoing security calls with cross-organizational teams to address reported items.
- Ensure events are properly documented for use in dashboard metrics and reports for management and security stakeholders.
- Participate in Security projects as assigned. This may include operational or development projects that span the areas within IS Security.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
One year of work experience within Computer Science or a related field required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in any one of the following capacities: security operations, network operations, system administration, help desk analytics, firewall engineering, or IDS administration.
- 2-4 years of work experience in a technical client service capacity demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
- Experience with Python, PowerShell, or Splunk is preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Problem Solving:Ability to recognize and analyze problems of average complexity and independently consider a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical and cost-effective solution.Team Orientation:Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives. Working to build relationships with other departments to work as one team. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above self.Leadership:Accountable for all tasks delegated by the supervisor. Planning and Project Management:Sets appropriate goals and priorities. Completes multiple tasks in the time allocated to accomplish results. Accurately evaluates and estimates new tasks. Provides management with accurate and timely status information.
Operates standard office equipment (Continuously) Sitting (Can stand at will) (Continuously) Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously) Lifting items up to 11 - 20 lbs. (Occasionally)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE