The Claim Technology UX team is looking for a Senior UX Lead who will partner with a collaborative, cross-functional team to research, design and usability test digital experiences. This individual is independent, self-directed and works on a program of work that is typically large scaled and of high complexity.
As a Senior UX Lead, you will ideate, explore, debate, and design the way transactions within many business lines of an insurance company should happen. We are looking for a Sr. UX Lead that will be responsible for executing and overseeing digital design projects from conception to delivery, working within cross functional teams, in a transforming agile environment. It will be your charge to transform, evolve, and continuously innovate our interactions with our customers in a customer-centric, mobile first, responsive world.
Our team values hands-on collaboration, diving in feet first, moving fast, and approaching all obstacles with a smile and a can-do attitude.
- An expert level designer: You're an ace. You're an expert at creatively solving problems through design, simplifying complexity.
- An owner: You have previously owned a significant portion of a product's user experience and understand all that ownership entails. You understand how to own your design while balancing stakeholder approval and engaging in constant collaboration with others.
- An end-to-end designer: You are an out-of-the-box thinker while understanding the importance of adhering to standardized design patterns. You're strong at thinking big during the conceptual stage, but can zoom in to pixel-level detail during production, and drive creation quality elements.
- A clear communicator: You communicate in a clear and focused manner to inspire, inform, and lead colleagues. You're able to effectively present and pitch your work to diverse audiences throughout the business. You come with a solid rationale behind every design decision you make, you understand the importance of listening as part of communication, and you believe lively debate helps solve problems and build the best product.
- Collaborative: You understand that the best work happens when individuals work as a team and you enjoy working alongside teams of designers, product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
As the Senior UX Lead within Claim Technology you will:
- Serve as the key point of accountability for UX efforts at the program level. Advocate for user-centered design approaches.
- Help to recruit and grow a team of outstanding UX professionals by providing vision, coaching, and mentorship.
- Help to create a dynamic team environment by fostering collaboration, experimentation, agility, and vigorous inquiry, while maintaining high expectations and attention to detail.
- Help to create and evolve design systems and best practices that account for user needs and context, while reinforcing brand values and standards.
- Ensure adherence to UX guidelines across programs and projects.
- Set UX resource allocation during ideation, prioritization, development, and quality assurance phases of projects and programs.
- Ensure research, visual design, information architecture, and interaction design roles are adequately resourced.
- Plan and conduct user research, usability testing efforts, and competitive research and analysis. Report research findings to stakeholders. Translate these findings into design solutions.
- Create and oversee delivery of artifacts that include personas, journey maps, user workflows, information architecture, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, within an agile development environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Program work is large scaled and of high complexity and involves program leadership through business collaboration, signoff, and accountability processes within the organization guidelines.
Bachelor's degree in graphic design, psychology, human factors, social sciences or related field or 5 years of User Experience work experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in graphic design, psychology, human factors, social sciences or related field or equivalent work experience required.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Outstanding communication, organization, time management and interpersonal skills. Familiarity or basic understating of web-based technologies. Experience with wireframing/ prototyping software (e.g, Invision, Axure, Balsamiq, etc.). Expert in conducting end user research and interviews Proven ability to instill usability as a core value within a large organization's culture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE