Executive Development Lead Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Executive Development job family is focused on providing growth and development to Allstates executives and successors. Services include coaching, assessments, development and succession planning.
The Executive Development Lead Consultant leads projects/programs that support the development, implementation, and management of strategies that deliver development and succession planning services to Allstate Executives and their Successors. This role works in partnership with HRBPS, senior executive, Business Units, and functional leadership teams across the enterprise to create business aligned executive talent development strategies and outcomes.
- Develop services and programs to retain, develop, and prepare top executive talent
- Manage assessment and coaching services and design and deliver development programs for our Top 200+ Executives and their director successors.
- Identify and diagnose executive leadership development needs and consult on individual development plans.
- Using data and diagnostic needs assessment methods design executive leadership development solutions:
- Use design expertise and breadth of knowledge of external leadership development resources to design, curate and/or buy-and customize the most impactful solutions.
- Be adept both at designing solutions as well as providing strategic direction for work done by select external providers.
- Play a key role in scaling philosophy, approach, and process to maximize opportunities for all executives to benefit from impactful learning opportunities.
- Leads external view on current executive development trends by reviewing Best Practice information, internal/external benchmarking, participation in professional associations, etc.
- Build strong vendor/partnerships with the top executive development firms
- Conduct executive team development interventions (as needed)
- Act as internal consultant to senior executives, in order to resolve complex/critical executive development issues and effectively communicate executive development as a business imperative by linking development to business outcomes
- Introduce and serve as contact for executive development initiatives based on Allstates unique needs
- Partner and collaborate with other AORs and departments in Human Resources (Workforce Measurement, Workforce Relations, Talent Acquisition, Inclusive Diversity, and Law/Regulation) to ensure holistic and systemic executive development
- Build relationships with client groups to integrate development opportunities and strategies with business strategies
- Actively work with business partners, client services, and Areas of Responsibilities (AORs) to ensure that executive development practices are understood and supported; actively participate in the delivery of core executive development initiatives; work with clients to gain in depth knowledge of client business objectives and or goals
- Develop and maintain project/program metrics to demonstrate business value
- Plan, monitor, and maintain program/project expense plan
- Education: Bachelors degree; Advanced degree preferred
- Experience: 5+ years of equivalent experience, in a position with demonstrated success in the area of Executive Development: executive coaching/assessment, executive development or equivalent including design experience- in a corporate environment
- Experience working with executives and management at all levels
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Advanced project management skills
- Consulting presence ability to interact and facilitate meetings with various levels of leadership, adapting behavior to different people and situations
- Consulting capabilities develops relationships with various stakeholders that maximize the achievement of business outcomes, client commitment and long-term sustainability
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.