We have a great entry level opportunity to launch your insurance career. In this role you will learn crucial aspects of property underwriting while working for a growing carrier.
Our Underwriting Assistant supports our Difference in Conditions underwriting operations.
Each day offers you new challenges to tackle including:
- Issues new and renewal policies accurately and timely.
- Performs account management activities during the policy term
- Work closely with underwriters to prepare and qualify accounts
- Process binders, endorsements, cancellations, and reinstatements.
- Collects and verifies data, and prepares and updates underwriting files.
- Corresponds through email with agents and brokers.
- Duties may include any reasonable Company-related assignments as directed by Management.
- Enter reinsurance contract information in to underwriting systems
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelors Degree preferred.
- 1+ year office experience preferred.
- Proficient with computers including basic knowledge of applications Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook.
- Ability and willingness to learn applicable systems/applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment using attention to detail.