AmTrust Financial Services
Jersey City, New Jersey
AmTrust North America, a Fortune 500 company, is looking for a disability claims clerk II for their office in Jersey City. The claims clerk II performs all clerical functions related to DBL Claims according to departmental methods and procedures.Responsibilities
- Detail oriented.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Minimum of two years clerical experience.
- Typing and mathematical skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Able to handle a large volume of work accurately.
- Completes tasks within allotted time frame.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Team player.
- Monitor incoming faxes on Fax to Server.
- Open mail, search, sort, prep, scan, index and route to the examiners inbox.
- Prepare and index daily correspondence and route to the Examiners inbox.
- Set-up new claim and route to the Examiners inbox.
- New claim (DB450), search and verify coverage.
- Type various letters and forms.
- Input data on various logs.
- Answer incoming calls.
- Make call to Employer for policy number.
- Prepare DB120.1 requests, scan, email or fax completed forms to the insureds
Performs miscellaneous duties as necessary
- Detailed work
- Problem solving
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Client contact
- Multiple concurrent tasks
- Constant interruptions
- Sitting or Standing
- Word processor
- Fax machine
What we offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.