Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
This position is responsible for:
Digital Transformation - Travelers is committed to capabilities that support lower touch claim adjudication and increased digital interaction with our customers. We will provide more self-help tools and empower our customers to take on a broader role in adjudication of their claim. We are looking for qualified candidates that will support the agile approach to development and as such will be embedded with our IT teams as we execute delivery.
- Supporting the strategy and operations of the auto claim line of business product, program or function.
- Developing and designing programs and helping to lead initiatives for improving countrywide results.
- Evaluating operating environment, vendors, workflow processes, and support services for assigned line of business or product.
- Documenting multiple solutions to recommend and assisting with implementation of changes for improvement.
- Working within broad limits and authority on complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise.
- May serve as Team Lead.
Note that the ideal candidate will have experience in digital capabilities, self-service claim processing, some knowledge of auto claim handling, systems, practices, processes and strategies within or outside of Travelers. The candidate must be able to work well both independently and with a team in a fast paced environment, possess strong problem solving and decision making skills, have a spirit of innovation and demonstrate effective communication skills to help influence others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies to address and improve claim results.
- Collaborate with claim management, claim legal and other claim product areas to develop new resources to increase sales and productivity reduce expenses and improve claim results and customer service through workflow and process efficiencies.
- Assist with the identification and escalation of improvement opportunities and understand and assess barriers identified areas in need of improvement.
- Assist with vendor management in support of workflow and process improvement initiatives.
Claim Practices & Field Support:
- Consult with and advise business management on new business process changes.
- Direct initiatives in support of these changes.
- Proactively stay abreast of industry, developments, changing trends and jurisdictional issues.
- Assists in industry analysis and benchmarking studies.
- Attend various seminars and conference as appropriate.
- Partner with Claim University on the development and design of technical claim/ leadership training strategies, programs and curriculum.
- Partner with field management, Claim Finance and Claim MI to assist in developing and executing a financial management and control strategy to limit financial risk associated with claim costs.
- Serve as a contact and technical resource to field and business partners on claim policy interpretation, coverage issues, settlement authority, extra contractual litigation, compliance and regulatory issues, program and/or procedural issues.
- Provide field claim management guidance on legislative, regulatory, and market conduct issues.
- Share accountability with business partners to achieve and sustain quality results.
Business Process, Workflow and Technology:
- Create, implement, and maintain claim handling guidelines, policies, procedures and processes.
- Assists in the development and implementation of claim policy language endorsement Investigate new technology and the application for improving business process and increasing productivity.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking studies.
- Provide technical knowledge and project coordination on large-scale claim workflow and systems projects.
- Develop training materials and instruct users on strategies, processes and/or procedures.
Business Partner Support:
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with Underwriting, Product Management, Marketing, and Actuarial to drive business results.
- Assist in developing team goals and drive strategies to meet business objectives.
- May serve as Team Lead.
A minimum of three years of claim experience or a minimum of four years of business related work experience required. Computer literate; database and Internet proficient required. Thorough financial acumen and analysis skills required. Thorough knowledge and skills in identifying and analyzing alternative business strategies required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience with digital transformation (consumer-centric digital delivery/e-commerce capabilities)
- Experience collaborating with IT to develop self-help tools for customers
- Advanced project management skills
- Strong knowledge of claim processes and systems preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Agile methodology preferred
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Competencies, as demonstrated by ability to:
Lead the Business:
- Translate vision into realistic business strategies
- Assist in leading change
- Promote enterprise culture
- Understand and work with other functions
- Exhibit courage, credibility and conviction
- Communicate effectively
- Influence others by appealing to reason and the interests of involved parties
- Apply critical thinking and judgment skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE