Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Responsible for supporting and maintaining data security systems and processes. Independently analyzes basic data security problems and helps resolve data security events. Identifies potential data security improvements within assigned area. Acts as a data security advocate and ensures adherence to established procedures and policies. This job does not manage others This job works under Moderate Supervision: Incumbent performs standard and routine assignments independently to conclusion; unusual problems which may require exceptions to procedures or processes are referred to the supervisor.
Under general supervision, the Security eDiscovery Analyst is working in a team environment supporting requests from Legal Litigation group for Electronically Stored Information (ESI). Activities include electronic files collection, preservation and processing, creating deliverables, assisting with configuring search terms.
E-Discovery Analysts also participate on other IS Security projects to help deliver security solutions, develop skills and overall contribute to IS Security team.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Provide operational support, troubleshooting and maintenance of Security related processes, controls or products. Independently analyze and resolve problems of low complexity. Ability to identify process and system problems and escalate issues to management.
Independently implement changes to area procedures or products as directed. Act as a security representative at design and new technology meetings.
Specific duties include:
Support Corporate Law Department Litigation group by conducting data collections from a variety of data sources, such as:
Shared network folders
Hard Drive data
Data storage and repositories
Assist with collecting and preserving electronically stored information including, but not limited to computers hard drives and mobile devices.
Assists with creation and implementation of data preservation policies and procedures.
Provides support for various eDiscovery activities as requested.
Processes data for loading into hosted review databases. Prepare data deliverables.
Validate accuracy of collected data, perform quality checks per documented processes.
Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
One year of work experience within Computer Science or a related field required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
- Three years of relevant experience with data security practices, processes, and data security event investigation/resolution preferred. Experience providing high-level support with a comprehensive knowledge of specific IS Security methodologies, processes, and software packages and a conceptual understanding of other IS Security procedures and policies preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in any of the following capacities: digital forensics, legal eDiscovery and litigation support, email administration, technical client service.
- Working knowledge of basic PC functions and Windows environment. Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access is required to perform data collection and to create deliverables.
- Experience with one or more of the following preferred: SQL, SQL+, Visual Basic/VBSCRIPT, MS-Access, PowerShell, Python, Perl, Nuix, EnCase eDiscovery.
- Experience with keywords search tools and technologies.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Problem Solving: Ability to recognize and analyze problems of average complexity and independently consider a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical and cost-effective solution. Team Orientation: Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives. Working to build relationships with other departments to work as one team. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above self. Leadership: Accountable for all tasks delegated by the supervisor. Planning and Project Management: Sets appropriate goals and priorities. Completes multiple tasks in the time allocated to accomplish results. Accurately evaluates and estimates new tasks. Provides management with accurate and timely status information.
Operates standard office equipment (Continuously) Sitting (Can stand at will) (Continuously) Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously) Lifting items up to 11 - 20 lbs. (Occasionally)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE