Sales Operations Manager
The General Agencies Sales Operations Manager will be responsible for providing first-line management to the General Agencies sales support team as well as serving as a liaison between the company and our producers – supporting those relationships to contribute to the strategic plan for growing Boston Mutual proprietary sales.
The General Agencies Sales Operations Manager will represent the department on various home office committees, as well as be responsible for ensuring the department is operating within compliance and assisting with market conduct examinations and internal and external audits.
All Boston Mutual employees who interact with our policyholders, our producers and our BML associates embrace the principles of our brand and service philosophy. We are all brand ambassadors. Both our words and our behaviors matter. We share a common service philosophy and pride ourselves in living the BML brand promises every day, one interaction at a time.
We do our best to:
- Demonstrate a desire to assist.
- Listen for understanding and respond empathetically.
- Explain things in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Be knowledgeable students of our business.
- Take full ownership to resolve questions and issues.
- Be professional, polite and courteous.
- Leave our customers and associates “better than where we found them.”
The General Agencies Sales Operations Manager is expected to:
- Assist the Vice President of General Agencies with executing and supporting our Strategic Initiatives and BML’s Guiding Principles.
- Assist the V.P. of General Agencies in executing growth strategies and production goals.
- Responsible for oversight and management of the General Agencies sales support team.
- Provide Production, debit balance, and persistency reporting with red flags identified to the V.P. of General Agencies.
- Manage all department marketing pieces; work closely with Marketing and Legal/Compliance for the creation and deployment of all outfacing brochures and communication.
- Coordinate and work closely with all departments on General Agency projects (product development and enhancements, synergies with WpS, etc.)
- Assist with training new and current producers, as well as onboarding of new producers and their teams.
- Provide exceptional in-depth Sales and Product support to the General Agencies Producers.
- Develop a solid understanding of the commission’s area to oversee and provide backup when needed.
- Develop thorough knowledge of ALL field related activities and applications, including but not limited to: Markets, Commissions, Contracting, Compliance, Product Portfolio and Applications, Illustration Software, Production and Sales Reports, Agents’ Web, Field Hierarchies, Market Practices, Recruiting and Licensing Procedures.
- Liaison between producers and other departments; New Business & Underwriting, Legal & Compliances, External Affairs & Corporate Communications, License & Contracting, etc.
- Oversee producer production requirements and award qualifications.
- Maintain all market conduct backup and documentation (i.e. Binders for; Advertising, training, in-force-ratio, persistency, field e-mails, field memos, etc.)
- Assist with corporate complaints pertaining to the General Agencies Division.
- Maintain all training materials (i.e. Training and Procedure Manuals, PowerPoint Presentations, Brainshark, etc.)
- Other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or related experience.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of insurance industry and sales support experience required; supervisory/management experience required.
- Excellent leadership skills including developing, motivating and leading a team.
- Individual must demonstrate willingness and ability to absorb numerous aspects of the sales and marketing realm.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills are required, as well as the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and staying focused in spite of interruptions.
- Candidate must exhibit analytical, intuitive and problem-solving skills.
- Must be flexible to handle after hours questions from producers.
- Must be willing to travel overnight (approx. 10%).
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities within a fast - paced department.
- Strong PC skills; MS Office including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook, Brainshark, Go to Meeting and Constant Contact.
Certifications/Licensures: Independent Life and Health Insurance License preferred.
- BCBS Health Insurance (85% or 100% employer paid)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Group Life Insurance
- Discounted Auto & Home Insurance
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- Paid Holiday & Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(K) & Profit Sharing
- Flexible Savings Account & Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Making An Impact Program
- Wellness Program & On-site Fitness Center
- Cafeteria Subsidy
- Complimentary Parking