Spokane, Washington State
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Within established timeframes, assists customers and agents with policy inquiries and changes, billing questions and technical support. Based on customer situation, provide policy options such as additional deductible, basic coverages and discounts. Handle a high volume of inbound calls. Provides telephonic customer service at a level consistent with Travelers' Business Center quality and productivity goals.
Under direct supervision, builds and maintains effective relationships primarily with customers, handling a high volume of inbound calls. As a trainee, provides telephonic customer service at a level consistent with Travelers' Business Center quality and productivity goals. Assists customers and agents with quotes, policy inquiries and changes, billing questions and technical support.
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration. This job does not manage others. This job works under Close Supervision: Work is reviewed at several steps along the way. (Generally pertains to trainee positions.)
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Based on customer situation, provide policy options such as additional deductible, basic coverages and discounts.
- Responds to customers/agents requests for quotes or changes to existing policies.
- Reviews cancellations and reinstatements and makes appropriate decisions to resolve with guidance.
- Resolves service-related complaints and complex calls with guidance from others on more complex calls.
- Assist customers with simple intent calls.
- Acts as online billing systems and agency portal website expert to provide proactive agency and customer support.
- Identifies new business opportunities driven by customer/agent request where appropriate, which includes both coverage and product.
- New business requests will be transferred as appropriate.
- Ensures current and complete documentation of account notes.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Some college preferred.
- Prior insurance and/or call center experience a plus.
- Resident Property and Casualty or Personal Lines Insurance License preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Solid math and analytical skills.
- Strong keyboard skills and system navigation experience.
- Must be able to meet quality and customer experience expectations.
- Ability to diffuse and assist irate callers.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Operates standard office equipment (Continuously)
Sitting, Can stand at will (Continuously)
Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously)
Licensing or Certificates
Ability to successfully complete training by meeting expectations for assessments, knowledge checks and applying content.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE