Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Collaborate. Ideate. Architect. Innovate.
Travelers eBusiness is looking for solution architects who love collaborating with agile teams to create strategic solutions. The solution architect has a strong design point of view and the humility to weigh multiple alternative solutions to achieve a business goal. They have a passion for technology and can communicate how it solves business problems with developers, architects, product owners, business leads, and technical leads. They have drive to tinker with technology through proof of concepts to solve problems and the enthusiasm to engage an agile team to achieve the architecture. They have the patience to coach and teach developers best practices and learn from them in return. Much of your time will be spent collaborating on designs, some of your time will be spent pair programming. All of your time will be spent with awesome people on a shared mission to create the digital insurer of tomorrow.
Chat with us if you:
- Live in the cloud; your designs are cloud native
- Design microservices solutions
- Develop using Node.js (preferred) and C#.NET
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations.
- Ensure architectural adherence through blueprint and design reviews.
- Assist in the remediation of application stability and performance.
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance.
- Perform project level design, debug and performance analysis.
- Responsible for the development and production support of enterprise application utilities and models to include publishing, best practices and guidelines for supported technologies.
- Work with vendors and product management areas to establish required infrastructures and frameworks.
- Provide 'Shrink Wrap' solutions to solve business and technical needs.
- Perform product evaluations and 'Proof of Concepts'.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE