Litigation Specialist - Healthcare Claims
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Litigation Specialist PL Healthcare
Professional Risk Management Services, Inc. (PRMS), a CapSpecialty company, is seeking an experienced Litigation Specialist for our Healthcare Claims team. This highly motivated individual will investigate, evaluate and resolve behavioral health, human services, miscellaneous medical and other healthcare professional and general liability claims.
The ideal candidate will possess advanced technical knowledge of insurance coverage and policies, insurance law, tort law, and claims handling practices for healthcare professional and general liability, and have highly refined verbal and written communications skills.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of claims adjusting experience.
- A J.D. and/or R.N. strongly preferred.
- Claims handling or litigation defense experience specifically in healthcare professional and general liability.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Resilient and able to operate under pressure in high complexity, high risk situations.
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing work conditions and expectations.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Want to join an exciting and team-oriented environment that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including an innovative unlimited vacation plan, professional and educational growth opportunities, and recognition for great performance? Apply today!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer