Comprehensive Personal Liability Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Comprehensive Personal Liability Adjuster in Hudson, OH!
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for investigating moderately complex to complex claims when an attorney is representing the injured party which may include: (1) uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims in single or multi car accidents; (2) Injury Casualty Soft Tissue (ICST), and represented- moderate or major claims. The individual will handle moderately complex to complex Comprehensive Personal Liability (CPL) claims. The individual takes recorded statements, resolves loss of use claims, makes payments to appropriate parties, and negotiates and settles or refers bodily injury issues that cannot be resolved. The individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention, while verifying coverage, investigating and determining liability, reviewing and determining damages, and negotiating and settling moderately complex to complex claims. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees. The individual works independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; works independently to create personal action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Determines and explains minimum coverage limits in moderately complex to complex claims involving single or multiple claimants
- Sets initial reserve, updates reserve, documents rationale and claim summary notes
- Obtains photos and/or conducts scene investigation
- Takes recorded statements from claimants, insureds, witnesses, medical providers, etc., conducts investigations into moderately complex to complex accidents, determines liability and prepares summaries
- Evaluates and determines potential use of experts and reviews reports
- Determines claim value
- Reviews file to identify moderately complex to complex potential legal issues
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- Reviews medical reports in preparation for claims settlement evaluation
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex or occasionally complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for medium-sized projects or as a committee team member on medium to large projects
- May serve as a subrogation or arbitration panelist
- May serve as an agent advocate
- May participate in oversight activities
- High School &/or Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- 5-10+ years of casualty claim experience
- Comprehensive Personal Liability (CPL) claims expereince preferred
- Has strong negotiation and litigation skills
- Provides Top Tier Customer Experience and produces Top Tier Quality results
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies general and occasionally broad industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
- Applies general and occasionally broad ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies general and occasionally broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies general and occasionally broad problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex to complex claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.